Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Social Contact List


Topics: Open-source programming / Coding as essential literacy

Status: Just about ready to call 'em done and throw in the towel. Minor touch-ups and revisions to be done.

HOMIES
  • My wife is a high school teacher. I'll ask her what she thinks about coding in schools and whether "computational thinking" would help her students perform better. She's also using a more or less community-driven curriculum in her Geology class (since she doesn't have Geology training herself) so I'll see how she feels about open-source curriculum.

PEERS
  • A couple of guys I work with, Brian and Deven, are coders with many years of industry experience. I can talk to them about whether they think coding should be part of their kids' curriculum. Another guy I work with, Nate, teaches his kid to code. I'll have to see what that experience has brought out.


EXPERTS
  • Monty is a guy I've volunteered with several times. He's in charge of the local Google Developers Group, which runs the annual Hour of Code, and works for a company in the private education sector. I can ask him about the coding-as-literacy movement and see how he feels about it.

ENTHUSIASTS
  • My cousin James and brother Anders are both coders, and Anders's wife is a former middle school teacher. It's very probably that they have opinions on coding in education, and the first two probably have feelings on open-source code as well. I see them frequently, so I can bring up both topics and see what they think.

3 comments:

  1. Finish what you start. Don't be the kind of business leader that is always giving motivational speeches. Whenever you have a realistic chance of closing out the execution of a stated goal, personally see that satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be hard and baffling from the start, however as you get the hang of it your whole group will start to exceed expectations at passing. satta king
    play bazaar
    satta matka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't generally shoot the ball yet; rather, utilize this chance to move around them and take your shot. They will be found napping and won't get an opportunity to shield you.
    Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete