Monday, November 16, 2015

Social Sources

WikiLeaks

Homies
  • ·      Colette: We discuss highly problematic or controversial stuff going on in the world on a regular basis so she will be willing to listen and think about the subject.
  • ·      Lexi: She has strong opinions on the privatization of many things and she considers herself a libertarian so her view on how this works in conjunction with WikiLeaks and the government should be interesting.
  • ·      Kade: He is my husband and has to listen to me, BUT because he is unfamiliar with subject he is better suited to recognize things that need a better explanation.


Peers
  • ·      Tracy Allen: She took a Women's Studies Theories class with me a couple years ago and now works for LDS media outlets so she has the humanist background as well as the digital print background.
  • ·      Brent Gordon: He is my boss and an attorney so I am interested to hear his take on how the law influences his opinion on WikiLeaks.


Enthusiasts
  •       Lisa Johnson & Cheri Earl : They were the head editors/bosses during my time with Insight magazine and were in tune with traditional print mediums so they may have some strong insider opinions on how journalism/media may be affected by WikiLeaks.
  • ·      Brittany Hargrave: She attended the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and interned with USA TODAY as well as for the Arizona Republic so I know she is an avid journalism enthusiast whose opinion will be influenced by her background.
  • ·      Jaime Winston: He was my editor during my internship with Salt Lake Magazine and has probably been influenced by a social circle of journalists in his opinion of the WikiLeaks phenomena.

Experts
  • ·      Jay Rosen - Dr. Burton recommended looking into him and it looks like he may have a couple pieces as well as a video on citizen journalism.
  • ·      Ted Talk by Ted Jaspan: His TED talk is titled "A New Way to do Journalism" and it opens with him saying "Hello my name is Andrew and I am a recovering journalist," which tells me there is an interesting message there to dissect.


Social Media (many of my homies, peers, and enthusiasts above, would intersect here as well) 

Homies
·      My brother - As an internet savvy almost 16 year old, my brother has often filled me in on the latest social media trends so he would have a good handle on what your social media platform of choice means in the teen world.
Peers
·      Cailley - She's my LA living broadcast journalism friend who does a lot of work for radio stations and brand promotion, plus she loves social media so she will definitely have lots to say.
Enthusiasts:
·      Brent Gordon - My boss' daughter is an up and coming young athlete known for being a girl who plays football with the boys. Brent has been really involved in running her social media campaigns so he might have some insight on social media tropes.
Experts:

·      Basam Salem: he gave a TED talk in SLC about how social media facilitates people's propensity to stereotype and I'm interested to see if there's any insight I can apply to my chapter.

3 comments:

  1. satta king
    play bazaar hire a bunch of people who are exactly like you. This will make innovation very limited. Your company may also fail due to your weaknesses.
    satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article will talk about different tips and techniques you can use to improve your b-ball game. You may try to be a star, or you may simply appreciate ball for the activity and companions. Regardless of which portrays you, this article can help. satta king
    play bazaar
    satta matka

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is played in basically every nation on Earth. One incredible thing about ball is that it is so natural to begin playing. Continue perusing for certain tips to improve your aptitudes on the court.
    Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete